Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dat Re-Examination




For this particular project, I chose something simple but important nonetheless. I chose to redo a project consisting of drawing exercises that Ludwig assigned to me a long while back when I took his class.

These consisted of drawing multiple lines in a row and drawing one very big squiggly line and then tracing it within an equidistant one as well as you possibly could. I chose this because I wanted to take stock of how far I had come as an artist.

I honestly wasn't terribly impressed by my performance, but its better then others I've seen. It was a stark reminder that even though I've gotten better, there's always room to improve. That and I'm using a tablet that I haven't fine-tuned entirely to my liking. Regardless, it was an improvement over what I had tried on paper over a year ago.

All in all, a humble reminder of progress that needs to be made and where I used to be as opposed to where I am now. I've made progress. And that's something I'm glad to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment