Friday, May 14, 2010

Dat Egg

So I got an egg. And I was asked to do something with it. But the question was what to do with a brown, spotted egg? Wasn't going to eat it as I don't want to get salmonella. Might have been able to make some easy cash though if I did catch and sued the...

Anyway, so I considered my various options. The first thing I considered was "Hey, why not draw a representative picture of what an egg means to you?". Which would have consisted of a life-likish drawing of the egg itself coupled with flowey designs and DEEP MEANINGS. So deep they might well be fathomless. But I reconsidered. I've done drawing before and this was an opportunity to do something new. So, I settled on something I haven't done a lot of.

I grabbethed the egg, ventured off to the shores of the White River, and immediately began foraging like a bear before hibernation, looking for sticks, pine needles, leaves, so on and so forth. And once I did assemble a nice chunk of dead plant matter, I immediately went about constructing what I had in mind. And I made a nest. Not the greatest nest in the world probably and I may well google up how to make a super-awesome nest but it was a nest nonetheless. So with this new nest, I placed the egg within it and casually observed it for a bit there on the shores of the White River.

A couple of things ran through my mind as I looked at that nest with the egg resting inside. One was how weird it was for a bigass chicken egg to be in a songbird looking next. But then I remembered what cuckoos do and it didn't seem so strange. The second was how much my life was changing at this point in my life, one semester before graduation. How, in a way, I was sort of waiting to hatch and move on with the next phase of my life. I felt a need to reflect then on my life up until now and the crossroads I would soon come upon. Dem deep metaphors man. Regardless, I enjoyed this experience. Looking forward to more moar exercises like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment