Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Breakin Dem Rules

So I broke a rule today. Not a New Media one though. Why? Because I knew it wouldn't go well. Intuition is a powerful thing and I had not the time nor the fortitude to commit to it. A short an honest answer in regards to that and I have a certain personal philosophy I adhere to in relation to that. But I'll explain that in class. First, on to the rule I did break.

I broke a personal rule today. It was "Always Eat Breakfast". Because I always have at least a complete part of this balanced breakfast, thanks in large part to General Mills drilling that concept into my head as a kid. So I went without eating breakfast. And it was a really bad idea. I had a burning sensation in my abdomen for the whole six hours I worked and found myself feeling nauseated. I couldn't help but wonder if this was what smokers felt like while going through withdrawal. I wasn't bitchy towards anyone thankfully but I really wanted time to fast forward as my stomach felt as if it was eating itself and winding up in knots while doing so. When it comes to breaking rules of things such as Art and New Media, this is what it feels like for me. Unless I know that rule inside and out. Again, I'll get into the deeper side of that in class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment