Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BLISS PART 1

So this time I'm not going to forget to link this blog post to the assignment listing on Oncourse. Losing points = not cool bro. So for my bliss what did I do? I role-played characters that I've been cultivating for years with a good friend of mine. A friend of mine that, due to distance, I have been unable to hang out with like I would want too. So we chat online and role-play our own personal fictional character we have created within unique worlds of our own devising. One of my reasons for going to LCAD is so that I can bridge the great distance between her and other good friends I have in Las Vegas and myself as I have been largely unable to cultivate a relationship that comes remotely close to what I share with them.

But onwards to the role-play itself. I cannot begin to express how nice it feels to be able to engage in that free development of character and setting and just letting my mind expand without anything holding me back. To interact and see in my head how events play out with people whom I consider closer then family. It is something that makes my days on this campus, largely alone, bearable and one of the things that pushes me forward to get accepted at Laguna College of Art & Design.

I'll be completely honest when I say that I cannot stay here in Indiana. I cannot accept being away from the imaginative energy and the people that helped me grow creatively in ways I never thought possible while I lived here. I need that energy back and if I fail in my goals then I will have failed myself. And truly, I wouldn't know what to do with myself then. I am thankful though to at least have this medium in which to contact those people with whom I deeply trust and be able to continue meshing out narratives, characters, plots, and everything else in between along with drawing and crafting that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment